Use your 'BACK' button to return to this page
Learn a Weave
Celtic Helms Necklace
This necklace is easy-to-make and can be made in your favourite colours.
For a 48cm (19 inch) necklace, you will need:
- 94 silver anodised aluminium jump rings, id 4.2mm, 1.2mm (rd3-50alslv) - A
- 48 silver anodised aluminium jump rings, id 5mm, 1.2mm (rd4-50alslv) - B
- 42 lime anodised aluminium jump rings, id 5mm, 1.2mm (rd4-50allgr) - B
- 48 brown anodised aluminium jump rings, id 7.8mm, 1.2mm (rd7-50albr) - C
- 42 silver anodised aluminium jump rings, id 7.8mm, 1.2mm (rd7-50alslv) - C
- 16 brown anodised aluminium jump rings, id 10.2mm, 1.65mm (rd10-64sqalbr) - D
- 14 lime anodised aluminium jump rings, id 10.2mm, 1.65mm (rd10-64sqallgr) - D
- 30 silver-lined chartreuse Miyuki seed beads - size 6 (6sb-143s)
- silver plated heirloom Tierracast toggle (tc-sp-tog5)
- two pairs of smooth jawed chain nose, flat nose, or bent nose pliers
For project supplies, go to
NOTE: You need to make a necklace with an odd number of components so that it will hang at a point.
Link six silver rings B with two brown square profile rings D.
Weave one brown ring C between the two brown square profile rings and around two silver rings B. Close the jump ring.
The pictures show this from two different angles.
Repeat step 2 (left hand picture).
Repeat step 2 again, adding two seed beads on either side of the silver rings B before closing the brown ring (right hand picture).
Position your component so that you have two encircled rings at the top and the seed beaded ring at the bottom.
Link two rings A to one brown ring C on either side of the silver rings B added in step 1. Repeat with the second brown ring C.
Make eight brown components.
Repeat steps 1-4 using lime green square profile rings, encirlcling lime green rings B with silver rings C. Make seven lime green components.
In steps 6-8 you will join the components.
Starting with a brown component, link two rings A to two rings A on the left hand side.
Using two rings A join the two left hand rings A of one lime green component to the two right hand rings A of the brown component.
Continue joining the components in the same way, alternating the colours.
Link two rings A to the right hand rings A of the last component. The necklace will end in the same way as the necklace begins as in step 6.
Using one ring A each time, link the toggle bar and toggle ring to the last two rings A, as shown.
- Try champagne or black ice rings with pastel coloured square profile rings.
- Black components with silver or gold-lined seed beads and join with silver or gold rings.
- Looking for seasonal jewellery? Link green and red components with gold rings or make all green components with red seed beads.