Use your 'BACK' button to return to this page
Learn a Weave
Make your own Celtic knot inspired chandelier from jump rings.
For one pair of earrings, you will need:
- 10 copper jump rings, id 6.7mm, 1.02mm - A
- 24 dark green enamelled copper jump rings, id 3.2mm, 0.81mm – B
- 8 oval copper jump rings, 3.7x4.4mm
- 16 emerald green Czech glass fire polished beads, 3mm
- 20 dark green Czech glass pearls, 4mm
- 20 copper plated Tierracast faceted spacers, 2x3mm
- 8 copper headpins, 5cm
- one pair of copper earwires
- two pairs of smooth jawed chain nose or flat nose pliers
- round nose pliers
Link two copper jump rings (A) through nine closed green jump rings (B).
Link one copper jump ring (A) between the two copper rings and around three of the green rings from step 1. Repeat twice. Your chandelier is shaped like a triangle with two rings forming the base.
Thread one pearl, one spacer, one pearl, one spacer and two fire polished beads onto a headpin. Make a wrapped loop. Repeat to make a second short beaded headpin.
For detailed instructions on how to make a wrapped loop, go to Making a Wrapped Loop.
Thread one pearl, one spacer, one pearl, one spacer, one pearl, one spacer and two fire polished beads onto a headpin. Make a wrapped loop. Repeat to make a second long beaded headpin.
Using the oval jump rings, attach one short and one long beaded headpin to one of the base jump rings of your chandelier. The short beaded headpin is on the outside.
Repeat step 5, attaching the remaining beaded headpins to the second base jump ring of the chandelier.
Link two green jump rings (B) to the third jump ring of the chandelier. Attach one earwire to the green rings just added with one green jump ring.
Repeat steps 1-7 to make a second earring.
- Use a different coloured ring B in the centre of the groups of three rings.
- Experiment with our wide range of Tierracast spacers
- Just create the celtic knot chandelier, leaving off the headpins for a simpler and smaller design.