Use your 'BACK' button to return to this page
Learn a Weave
European 4-1 Square Bracelet
The squares are made in straight European 4-1 and makes a matching bracelet for the European necklace and earrings.
Make a matching necklace and pair of earrings. For instructions, go to
For the bracelet, you will need:
- 150 silver anodised aluminium saw cut jump rings, id 3.6mm, 0.81mm (rd2-32alslv) (A)
- 7 black anodised aluminium saw cut jump rings, id 10.2mm, 1.6mm (rd10-64salblk) (B)
- 2-strand tube clasp (bf-sp-2str)
- two pairs of smooth jawed chain nose or flat nose pliers
For project supplies, go to
Link five closed rings (A) onto one black ring (C), overlaying them so that the right hand ring is uppermost. Each row is made up of five rings (A).
Starting on the right, link one ring (A) through the end two rings. Link one ring (A) through two rings until you have added four rings in total. The fifth ring (A) is linked through one ring.
Starting on the right, link one ring (A) through the first ring of the previous row. Continue adding rings through two rings until you reach the end of the row. Check you have added five rings.
Repeat steps 2 and 3. Link one black ring (C) through the last row of rings and add five closed rings (A) before closing.
Repeat steps 1 to 4 until your cuff is the correct length. Do not add the five closed rings (A) to your last black ring. Join the 2-strand clasp using silver jump rings (A).
- Use matching large and small rings.
- Try using different coloured jump rings to create a rainbow of colours.
- Hang magatama drops or size 8 seed beads on the edge rings.