72 purple EPDM rubber o-rings, id 6.4mm, 1.63mm (rd6-64pprb)
paperclip and one headpin or eyepin or piece of wire
The EPDM rubber o-rings come in nine different colours.
two pairs of smooth jawed chain nose or flat nose pliers
For project supplies, go to
1. Link two silver aluminium jump rings through four purple o-rings and close. Attach the paperclip to two of the o-rings and lay out the rings as shown.
2. Fold back the two o-rings not attached to the paperclip. Place your headpin between the two silver rings and through the two o-rings you have folded back.
The silver rings added in step 3 follow the path of the headpin.
3. Following the path of the headpin, link two silver rings. Add 2 o-rings before closing each silver ring.
4. Fold back the two o-rings just added. Place the headpin between the two silver rings added in the previous step and through the two o-rings you have folded back.
5. Following the path of the headpin, link two silver rings, adding two o-rings before closing.
6. Repeat steps 4-5 until the bangle is the correct size for your wrist.
7. Remove the paperclip from the start of the chain. Open the pair of o-rings that were attached to the paperclip, as if they are a pair of open jaws, and bring the chain around in a circle. Fold back the last pair of o-rings added in step 6 and bring this end of the chain around to meet the jaws of the other pair of o-rings. In the picture, the jaws are on the left and the folded back o-rings are on the right. Fix the jaws onto the folded back rings using the headpin.
8. Following the path of the headpin, link one silver ring (shown as gold in the picture). Turn the bangle over and link a second silver ring on the opposite side. Your bangle is now complete.
Use different coloured o-rings and matching anodised aluminium jump rings for blocks of colours.
Use only metal jump rings and make a chain, using a clasp to fasten. Jump rings sizes for box chain are: