Use your 'BACK' button to return to this page
Learn a Weave
Stretchy European 4 in 1 Cuff
Put some stretch into your chain mail with synthetic rubber o-rings.
You will need:
- 104 black EPDM rubber o-rings, id 6.4mm, 1.63mm
- 39 pink anodised aluminium machine cut jump rings, id 6.8mm, 1.64mm
- 39 violet anodised aluminium machine cut jump rings, id 6.8mm, 1.64mm
The anodised aluminium rings also come in a range of colours in saw cut rings that can be used for this project
- two pairs of smooth jawed chain nose or flat nose pliers
For project supplies, go to
Place four o-rings onto an open pink jump ring and close. Position the rings as shown by gently patting the rings.
Place an open violet jump rings through two o-rings from step 1 and add two new o-rings. Close the jump ring.
Repeat step 2 using alternate pink and violet rings until you have a chain length of 25 coloured rings and 52 o-rings.
To widen the chain, link one pink jump ring through two o-rings at the top of the chain and add two new o-rings.
Link one violet jump ring through two edge rings and one of the new o-rings added in step 4. Add a new o-ring and close.
Continue adding o-rings using alternate pink and violet jump rings until your chain is four o-rings wide.
Join the two ends of the cuff by linking a violet jump ring through two o-rings from one end and two corresponding o-rings from the other end. Repeat twice.
- Use different coloured o-rings and matching anodised aluminium jump rings for blocks of colours.
- Try using similar shades of anodised aluminium and rubber rings for a more subtle bracelet.
- Use as a watch band either tapering a wide band to fit the watch face or make a narrower band.