Use your 'BACK' button to return to this page
Learn a Weave
Single Helms Weave Bracelet
This project is an ideal start to learn helms weave to create a simple but elegent bracelet.
You will need:
- 50 x silver anodised aluminium jump rings, id 6.7mm, 1.2mm (A) - (rd6-50salslv)
- 16 x ice blue anodised aluminium jump rings, id 4.3mm, 1.00mm (B) - (rd3-40alibl)
- 16 x royal blue anodised aluminium jump rings, id 4.3mm, 1.00mm (C) - (rd3-40alrbl)
- 4 x silver anodised aluminium jump rings, id 4mm, 1.2mm (D) - optional clasp rings - (rd3-50alslv). As an alternative, use the ice blue rings (B)
- 1 x medium wrapped silver plated Tierracast toggle, 12x18mm (tc-sp-tog8)
- two pairs of smooth jawed chain nose or flat nose pliers
For project supplies, go to
Close 34 silver rings (A). Link two closed rings (A) with one small silver ring (D). Lay out as shown.
Using two ice blue rings (B), link two closed silver rings (A) to the two closed silver rings (A) in step 1.
Weave one large silver ring (A) between the pairs of large rings (A) from step 1 and 2 so that you encircle the two small ice blue rings (B).
Fold back the rings attached on one side so that you can close the ring added in step 3. Return the folded back rings over the new inner ring.
Link two closed silver rings (A) to the last silver rings (A) of the chain with two small royal blue rings (C). Repeat steps 3 and 4.
Alternating with ice blue and royal blue rings, repeat steps 2 to 5, until your chain reaches the required length.
Open the silver ring (D) at the start of the chain and add the toggle ring.
Link the toggle bar to the other end of the chain using a 1-in-1 chain of three small silver rings (D).
- Make a chain using a different coloured ring in step 3 to the large closed rings.
- Use a different coloured large ring like black and join with silver or gold small rings.
- Make a longer chain to make a matching necklace and short lengths for earrings.