The EPDM rubber o-rings come in eleven different colours.
two pairs of smooth jawed chain nose, flat nose, or bent nose pliers
For project supplies, go to
1. To make the helms chain, place one o-ring in between two more o-rings. Open one silver ring and link as shown - do not close this ring.
2. Add two more o-rings to the silver ring so that one ring is above the middle ring and one ring is below the middle ring. Close the silver ring.
3. Your rings will look like this from above.
4. Add a second silver ring and fold back one pair of rings.
5. Place one o-ring between the last pair of o-rings. Link one silver ring around the last pair of rings but inside the o-ring just added. Do not close the jump ring.
6. Add two more o-rings to the silver ring making sure that there is one ring on each side of the middle ring. Close the silver jump ring.
7. Your rings will look like this from above.
8. Add a second silver ring and fold back the last pair of o-rings added.
9. Repeat steps 5-8 until the helms chain is the corrrect size for your wrist. Repeat steps 1-9 to make a helms chain of an equal length.
10. On one side of each helms chain, link one silver ring through the intersection of each set of three rings. Position the silver rings just added so that they make a v-shape with their neighbour.
11. Place your helms chains on your work surface so that the v-shaped rings are positioned opposite to one another. Link the first two v-shaped rings from each chain with two silver rings. Continue to join the helms chains in this way.
12. You will now join the ends of the cuff. Position one o-ring between the last two pairs of rings on the top helms chain. Link one silver ring around each of the last pairs of o-rings but inside the o-ring just added. Repeat for the bottom helms chain.
13. Link a second silver ring to join the top and bottom helms chains. Link one silver ring through the intersection of each set of three rings and position so that they form a v-shape.
14. Link two silver rings throught the two sets of v-shaped rings.
Use contrasting colours such as white o-rings and black anodised aluminium jump rings.
Use a different coloured centre o-ring from the pairs of o-rings that sandwich it.
Use rd8-64 anodised aluminium jump rings, id 8.3mm, 1.6mm, instead of o-rings and attach a clasp.