The EPDM rubber o-rings come in eleven different colours.
two pairs of smooth jawed chain nose, flat nose, or bent nose pliers
For project supplies, go to
1. Link four o-rings with two silver jump rings and lay out the rings as shown.
2. Position the end o-rings on either side of the first pair of o-rings so that the end o-rings make a 'V'.
3. Place a piece of wire to make a pathway at the point where the four o-rings intersect. In step 4, you will link two silver rings following the path of the black wire.
4. Following the pathway shown in step 4, link one silver ring and add two o-rings before closing the silver ring. Repeat with a second silver ring. Position the o-rings as shown.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 until your stretchy chain is the desired length.
6. Position the two ends of your chain as shown. The start of the chain is on the right hand side. The silver rings you will open in step 7 are shown with an arrow.
7. Look carfully at the pattern of the rings. Joining the weave is a continuation of the weave's pattern. Open one of the silver ring as indicated by the arrow in step 6. Link the two o-rings at the end of the chain (the end is on the left hand side) and close the silver ring. Repeat with the second silver ring - your chain should look like the picture.
8. Turn the chain on its side ready to add the last two silver rings in step 9.
9. The last two silver rings added are shown as gold rings in the picture. Push apart the two silver rings on the left hand side to make a 'V' shape. Link one silver ring through the intersection of the four o-rings and in between the two silver rings you have just positioned into a 'V'. Weave the same ring through the next pair of o-rings but on the outside of the next silver 'V'. Repeat on the other side to complete the new 'V' and so join the chain.
Use two o-ring colours in an alternate pattern and joined with silver anodised aluminium jump rings.
Use the same coloured anodised and o-ring colours together and make a bangle with blocks of colour.
Use rd8-64 anodised aluminium jump rings, id 8.3mm, 1.6mm, throughout instead of o-rings and attach a clasp.