Try this weave in a single colour or any number of colours to create a chain with a woven effect. This is the double ring version of Orbital Vipera Berus, also known as Viper Basket, a weave created by Loke.
We have a wide range of colours in anodised aluminium that can be used to make this bracelet. As an alternative for the large ring, try anodised aluminium, bright aluminium, copper, bronze, or stainless steel.
For project supplies, go to
two pairs of smooth jawed chain nose, flat nose, or bent nose pliers
1. Using the anodised aluminium rings, make a 2-in-2 chain in the following colour order: red, purple, royal blue and green. This will make a chain that will appear to be too long - when you add the larger jewellers brass rings, the chain will grow shorter.
2. Weave one large jewellers brass ring through the first pair of red rings and the first pair of blue rings. This ring will encircle the pair of purple rings in between and should not intersect with them.
3. Weave one large jewellers brass ring through the first pair of purple rings and the first pair of green rings. The jewellers brass ring will encircle the pair of blue rings in between. The ring just added should lay on top of the jewellers brass ring previously added.
4. Weave one large jewellers brass ring through the first pair of blue rings and the next pair of red rings. The jewellers brass ring will encircle the pair of green rings in between.
5. Weave one large jewellers brass ring through the first pair of green rings and the next pair of purple rings. The jewellers brass ring will encircle the pair of red rings in between.
6. Continue adding large jewellers brass rings as in steps 2-5 for the length of the chain.
7. At the end of the chain, weave one jewellers brass ring through the second last pair of rings (top chain - blue rings). The ring just added will encircle the very last pair of rings. At the beginning of the chain, weave one large ring through the second pair of rings, making sure the jewellers brass ring is woven underneath to keep the pattern correct (bottom chain - purple ring). The ring just added will encircle the first pair of rings on the chain.
8. Using one small jewellers brass ring, at one end of the chain, link the toggle ring to the last pair of anodised rings and the last jewellers brass ring. Repeat at the other end of the chain to attach the toggle bar using three small rings in a 1-in-1 chain.
Use bright aluminium in the large ring with black, gold and brown.
Bronze looks stunning as the large ring with pastel colours - ice pink, ice blue, ice green and lavender.
Try a rainbow mix of colours for the basket weave effect.