Playing around with Lunautumn's Sprite Chain, I came up with a pendant version. Once all the rings are added, this makes a solid pendant that holds its shape perfectly.
For the pendant, you will need:
2 large black ice anodised aluminium saw cut jump rings, id 10.2mm, 1.6mm (rd10-64saliblk) - A
14 medium black ice anodised aluminium saw cut jump rings, id 6.7mm, 1.2mm (rd6-50saliblk) - B
14 medium red anodised aluminium saw cut jump rings, id 6.7mm, 1.2mm (rd6-50salrd) - C
28 black ice anodised aluminium saw cut jump rings, id 5.2mm, 1.00mm (rd4-40aliblk) - D
35 small black ice anodised aluminium saw cut jump rings, id 4.3mm, 1.00mm (rd3-40aliblk) - E
21 small red anodised aluminium saw cut jump rings, id 4.3mm, 1.00mm (rd3-40alrd) - F
two pairs of smooth jawed chain nose, flat nose, or bent nose pliers
For project supplies, go to
1. Weave two large black ice rings A through fourteen closed black ice rings D.
2. Link two medium red rings C through pairs of the black ice rings D added in step 1.
3. Using one small black ice ring E each time, link the pairs of medium red rings C.
4. Link one medium black ice ring B through one black ice ring D of one of the pairs from step 2 and one adjacent black ice ring D. Repeat six more times.
Turn over and repeat on the other side so that both sides are the same.
5. Close fourteen small black ice rings E and open fourteen black ice rings D.
Link one black ice ring D at the outer edge where the medium red rings C and medium black ice rings B intersect. Add two closed rings black ice E before closing.
Weave a second black ice ring D through the pair of small closed black ice rings E just added and through the intersection of the adjacent medium red and black ice rings (B and C).
Repeat six more times.
6. Link one small black ice ring E to a pair of black ice rings D at the centre and flip inwards (LH picture).
Flip one of the outer rings E inwards (RH picture).
7. Weave one small red ring F through the centre flipped black ice ring E, the small black ice ring E linking the large red rings C that were added in step 3, and the outer flipped black ice ring E. The right hand picture shows the pathway of this ring.
8. Repeat step 7 to add a second small red ring F.
9. Repeat steps 6-8 six more times (LH picture).
Turn over and repeat steps 6-8 linking only one red ring F (RH picture). If the pendant seems floppy add a second small red ring E.
Use silver with a contrasting colour such as royal blue, purple, or green.
Use gold with a contrasting colour such as black or try matt white with champagne.
Use a light and dark shade of the same colour such as lavender and purple.