NOTE: The different colours of glass pony beads can vary fractionally in size, which will affect the flexibility of the cuff.
two pairs of smooth jawed chain nose, flat nose, or bent nose pliers
For project supplies, go to
1. Link one silver ring on either side of one pony bead as shown. Make thirty four bead component rings. Note that one ring sits on top of the other within the bead hole. When linking the pony bead component in subsequent steps, try to keep the first linked ring as either the upper or lower ring.
2. The rings added in the following steps are shown in red for clarity.
Weave one silver ring through four closed black rings and link to one of the pony bead component rings (left hand picture).
Position the first black ring on top of the bead component ring; the fourth ring underneath the bead component ring; and the remaining two black rings to the side as shown (centre picture).
Attach your eyepin or piece of scrap wire to the two black rings positioned either side of the silver component ring (right hand picture).
3. Weave one silver ring through the intersection of the two black rings and the silver component ring. Link two closed black before closing the jump ring.
4. You will now add two closed black rings to the centre of the cuff. Place one closed black ring underneath the lower silver component ring and one closed black ring on top. Holding these two rings in place, weave one silver ring through the intersection made and attach to the two black rings on the right hand side.
5. Weave a second silver ring through the same instersection as the previous step and link to the two black rings on the left hand side of the cuff.
6. You will now add one bead component to the right hand side of the cuff. Weave one silver ring through the lower black side ring; add one silver component ring in between the two side black rings and continue to weave the silver ring through the component ring and the black ring on top. Continue to weave the same silver ring through the centre black rings and close.
7. Repeat step 6 on the left hand side of the cuff.
8. You will now add two closed black rings to the right hand side. Weave one silver ring through one closed black ring, through the lower ring of the bead component on the side and add a second black ring on top. Continue to weave the same silver ring through the centre black rings and close.
9. Repeat step 8 to add two closed black rings to the left hand side.
10. You will now add one bead component to the centre of the cuff. Weave one silver ring through the two right hand black rings, through the centre lower black ring, add the bead component ring between the two centre black rings and continue to weave the silver ring through the bead component ring and the black ring on top.
11. Repeat step 9 on the left hand side of the cuff.
12. Repeat steps 4-10 until your cuff is nearly the required length. Repeat steps 4-5 to add the final pair of closed rings.
13. Using one clasp ring each time, link the toggle bar and toggle ring to the pair of black rings at the end of the cuff.
Use silver with ice blue rings and cobalt blue pony beads (picture below).
Try green iris pony beads with ice green and green anodised aluminium rings or purple iris pony beads with silver and ice pink.
Play with different coloured pony beads in one cuff such as red and hyacinth used with brown rings as the main colour and gold for the contrast ring.