Use your 'BACK' button to return to this page
Learn a Weave
Beaded Vertebrae Bracelet
This is an easy weave suitable for first-time chain-maillers.
For 18cm bracelet, you will need:
- 19 silver anodised aluminium jump rings, id 10.2mm, 1.6mm (rd10-64salslv) - (A)
- 40 silver anodised aluminium jump rings, id 4.2mm, 1.2mm (rd3-50alslv) - (B)
- 18 faceted roller Czech glass beads, 5x4mm - 6 each of pink-lined, purple-lined and white-lined
- 2-strand clasp (bf-sp-2str)
- two pairs of smooth jawed chain nose, flat nose, or bent nose pliers
For project supplies, go to
Link one bead to one large ring (A) to make a beaded ring. Make eighteen - six of each colour if using three colours.
Join one closed large ring (A) to one side of the clasp using two small rings (B).
Join one beaded ring to the large ring (A) added in the last step using two small rings (B) - 1st picture.
Place the last large ring just added on top of the previous large ring so that the bead is at 12 o'clock - 2nd picture.
Separate the small rings so that one ring is at nine o'clock and the other ring at three o'clock - 3rd picture.
Push the topmost ring downwards - 4th picture.
Repeat step 3 until your bracelet is the correct length.
Join to the other side of the clasp.
- Use black jump rings and a mix of silver, gold and copper-lined roller beads or try just white or pink for contrast.
- The beads can be substituted for 6mm pony beads, which come in a wide variety of colours.