These captive pearls are caged within jump rings to create petals.
Make a matching cuff using the captive pearl flower component. For instructions, go to
For a 44cm (17.5 inch) chain with pendant, you will need:
197 large silver anodised aluminium saw cut jump rings, id 6.7mm, 1.2mm (rd6-50salslv)
24 small silver anodised aluminium saw cut jump rings, id 3.6mm, 0.81mm (rd2-32alslv)
14 x 6mm lemon Czech glass pearls (6pl-lem)
14 x 6mm orange Czech glass pearls (6pl-or)
20 x 6mm hot pink Czech glass pearls (6pl-hpk)
15mm silver plated lobster clasp and split ring (the split ring is optional)
two pairs of smooth jawed chain nose, flat nose, or bent nose pliers
For project supplies, go to
1. Link four closed large rings with two large rings.
2. Open out the last two pairs of large rings between your thumb and forefinger and insert one bead.
Trap the bead by joining the last pair of large rings with one small ring.
3. Link a second small ring to complete the first petal. The two large rings to which the captive pearl are attached are the centre rings.
4. Link two closed large rings to the centre rings using two large rings.
Repeat steps 2-3 to create the second petal.
5. Continue linking petals to the centre rings until you have six petals in total.
6. To join the petals: Using one small ring, link one small ring from one petal to the small ring on the next petal. Link the same two petal rings with a second small ring but weave the second ring through the centre of the first ring before closing (to produce a crossed rings look or mobius).
Continue linking the petal rings in this way.
7. You will now make two captive bead chains from which to hang your pendant.
Link four closed large rings with two large rings.
Open the last two pairs of large rings between your thumb and forefinger and insert one bead.
Trap the bead by joining the last pair of large rings with one large ring. See step 3 before closing.
8. Repeat steps 2-3 adding the pearls in the colour order - hot pink, orange, lemon. Finish the chain at step 3 with an orange bead.
9. Repeat steps 1-4 to make a second chain this time starting with a lemon bead and keeping to the colour order - lemon, orange, hot pink. Finish the chain at step 3 with an orange bead.
10. Open two large jump rings. To join the two chains: Using one large ring capture one lemon bead in the last two pairs of rings of the first chain (ending in colours hot pink, orange). Do not close this ring. Using the same large ring, capture one hot pink pearl in the last two pairs of rings of the second chain (ending in colours lemon, orange). Close the ring. Link a second large ring to join the two chains.
11. Using three small silver rings, link two of the mobius rings that join the pendant's petals together to the two large rings (added in step 6), which join the two bead chains together.
12. Each end of the captive bead chain will be finished with two large rings - two rings are necessary, as the last bead will fall out if only one ring is used. Link the lobster clasp to one end of the chain using one large silver ring. At the other chain end, open the two end rings and add the split ring.
Make matching earrings by making two lengths of captive beads, finishing with two small jump rings at the bottom.
Make bracelet lengths of beaded chain using different coloured beads in each chain for a stackable bracelet set.